David M. Liu is a Partner at Freeman Mathis & Gary's Los Angeles - Orange County office. David represents and counsels clients—including individuals, companies (including Fortune 500 companies), international transportation providers, banks and financial institutions—in complex commercial litigation, class actions; misappropriation of trade secrets; partnership, investor and shareholder disputes; business torts; contract claims; real property disputes; and federal government’s forfeiture actions for real property.
- He secured a CIPP/US from International Association of Privacy Professionals in May 2022.
- Analyze and counsel on data breach laws across states. Provide legal guidance to bank on actions to protect interests in licensed states in potential data breach matter.
- Prevailed on several motions for summary judgment, including securing motion for interlocutory judgment in a recent partition action involving real property valued at $4M on behalf of national bank.
- Won motion to be relieved from deemed admissions for an e-commerce client with nationwide presence.
- Negotiated settlement with former client to obtain full amount of unpaid fees due after filing suit and nearly obtaining ex parte writ of attachment.